Ciara’s Sundried Tomato Pesto PastaJune 16, 2020
Why use store-bought pesto when you can easily make your own? When you make your own food you know exactly what’s in it – and there’s a certain satisfaction that comes from making your own ingredients rather than pouring them from a jar. All these ingredients can be found, very inexpensively, at your local grocery store.
This Pesto Pasta is perfect for a cool summer evening with a glass of wine and chats with a friend. I used whole-wheat spaghetti with this pesto but it would be great with any pasta you like.
- 250g jar of sundried (not in oil) tomatoes
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- 70g pine nuts (can swap in walnuts or cashews)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional – you can also use some parmesan cheese if you’re not going for a vegan recipe here)
- salt and pepper to season
Chuck the ingredients for the pesto into a high-power blender until the desired consistency is achieved.
Fill a saucepot with cold, salted water. Bring to a rolling boil and drop in your favorite pasta. Cook until al dente. Pour pesto over pasta and garnish with fresh basil.