Want To Run Faster?April 22, 2020
Whether you’re shooting for a personal best, or just trying to spice up your runs, this speed workout will help you get faster AND build endurance. Do this workout once a week and you’ll be flying in the SWEAT room!
3-5 minutes of dynamic stretching – leg swings, inchworms, World’s Greatest Stretch
Jog 8-10 minutes (or more depending on how long of a run you’re aiming for)
- 3 minutes at push pace; 60 seconds jog
- 2 minutes at push+ pace ; 60 seconds jog
- 1 minute at threshold pace; 60 seconds jog
- 30 second sprint
- 3 minutes jog
Repeat the sequence 3 times!
At least 10 minutes jog
10-15 minutes static stretching
WHAT DO THESE PACES FEEL LIKE?
- Jog: Easy! You can hold a conversation. Equivalent to our 8-10-12 in the SWEAT room.
- Push: About 75% effort. It feels hard but you can hold it for a few minutes. Equivalent to our 10-12-14 in the SWEAT room.
- Push+: Getting harder. You can get a few words out but not really talk. Equivalent to our 12-14-16 in the SWEAT room.
- Threshold: You cannot speak. Getting close to a sprint but not all out. This feels really challenging. Equivalent to our 14-16-18 in the SWEAT room.
- Sprint: All-out! This is as hard as you can run. Equivalent to our 16-18-20 in the SWEAT room.